Airlocked! Season 3 Observation Journal
This is where I shall be recording unusual things I observe during the "show" in order to better facilitate our rescue of our friends and possible dismantling of the system propigating these "games", as well as some notes on the newest batch of "champions" in the hopes that, if they escaped and we find them, we can become allies.ADDENDUM:
If I am beginning to show signs of distress or agitation while investigating I am to set this journal down immediately and go lay down somewhere in the company of someone else, as requested by pretty much everyone else. If I need to hit something, I will ask Xander to spar with me. If I need to cry, I'm to go to Yurika. If I am absolutely a ball of anxious energy then I shall throw myself into something beneficial for everyone else on board. If I just need a hug: Jamie, Xander, Yurika, the Doctor, Thomasin, Natsuhi can provide in that order. If I'm able to contain myself after viewing I can go to Togami and bounce theories off of him.
- Twenty Champions again, very lavish VR location. Space mansion? Guess they can program whatever setting they like so long as it has appeal. Also, formalwear. Wow. Rude. Still creepy that they're getting enough info to program these clothes on. Seems to be a lot of important people in the mix yet again. Items have been stolen from them, likely distributed by Benefactors again
. Update: four more floors, plus garden house. Network does not want them to open them up yet, likely they're waiting for murder.
- C.E.C.E. replaced with P.A.L. - what does this acronym stand for?
- PIPs again - some people tried taking theirs off from the getgo. Oh God please don't do that again. They're catching on quickly to various possibilities - recording information in them gets fed to the higher ups, the possibility of being hijacked...good, so they're not unaware. They've also quickly figured out the power nerfing.
- More memory and profile inconsistencies. Very likely that their memories have been tampered with as well.
- THERE'S A GIRL WHO SAYS SHE'S PART OF THE SCHOOL LIVING CLUB SHE'S KURUMI'S FRIEND SHE HAS TO BE OH NO OH NO
- THERE'S A BOY WHO SAID SOMETHING ABOUT NOHRIANS??? XANDER IS THE PRINCE OF NOHR ISN'T THAT HIS PEOPLE????? OH NO OH NO OH NO THEY'RE TAKING PEOPLE FROM OUR HOMES STILL OH NO
I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT AWFUL JERK IS HERE I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SO BUBBLY AND HANDSOME I WANT TO PUNCH HIM SO HARD UUUUUUUUUUGH HOW DARE HE STAND WHERE THEY STOOD HOW DARE HE TRY TO COME OFF AS A GOOD GUY HE KNOWS HOW THIS WORKS
- Insisting the rule of murder is only a corporate technicality YEAH AND I'M ACTUALLY THE DUNCAN HEINS HEIRESS, I'm not buying it for a second. Just saying something's present for contractual obligation doesn't mean it's not going to be used.
- Oh wow so THEY get told right off the bat they're being watched on intergalactic television, thanks. Wonder what the lag is between filming, editing, and airing if they're airing episodes daily. It might not be too too long or we might be watching a whole gang of dead folks walking...I hope it's the former...
- The year 6972??????????
- ...Kip's willing to bet his own life that no one here will kill each other? DO YOU THINK YOU'RE A HERO YOU FUCKER
- "Edible Memory edition of Lovelocked" ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
- "The Audience". The - the damned AUDACITY of EP and their goons...how willing would the audience be to participate if they knew what you were really doing?
- ...A multibillion-person orgy three years ago, what. Worldwide hormonal shift, breaking mind control...just what sort of universe is this?
- OH and they get told right away that the PIP is basically fed right into your flesh OKAY GREAT THANKS
- Do they have footage of our friends' "deaths"? Is that what he's threatening to show if they want to get out of the station?
- "Last season ended a couple of months ago" I mean it's true but at the same time it simply grinds me up inside to even THINK of this whole situation as a show with seasons...
- So EP couldn't get the backing or rights to actually revive The Bachelor, so they decide they'll make it a murderfest instead and just dress it up with roses and sloppy makeouts. Eugh.
- I know it's just a VR simulation, but no escape pods because they're unnecessary...I want to know if that's actually a thing in this weird year of 6972 or if he's just making it up for the sake of the simulation.
- Kip shows a disdain for water when listing the amenities of the mansion. Will he melt like the Wicked Witch of the West if soaked?
- "The Boner Uprising of 6969". Long pants and turtlenecks - is that where those outfits are from???
- WHO IS THIS CECE LADY AND WHY IS SHE NAMED CECE is she the same intern who worked on our ship or a different one? I highly doubt InterGal7 doesn't have a whole battalion of interns but what the HELL. "Keep the host on task"...what's the task then, murder? Cece Diver, I'm watching you. ADDENDUM: not the intern who probably worked on our ship.
- They gave them a NICE KITCHEN and FOOD TO COOK WITH [Her handwriting gets more angry and scribbly here. There's a lot of cross-outs. The paper is torn in a couple of them. This was a really fucking sore point for her okay.]
At least there are people making use of it. Good
- They get a garden and a pool right off the bat, too. AND a hot tub. Guess they really want people to be all romantic and flirty and half dressed. This is so ridiculous.
- Designated rest areas? So are they allowed to SLEEP in those????? What the heck. What in the HECK.
- ...I want a tattoo. I think I'll get one. Yeah. It's. I'm different now. I'll always be different now. I think I need one. [There are a few doodles of a stylized squiggle with a very simple flower in various places in and around its tendrils.]
- Kind of weird to see that everyone's sharing rooms...two to a room, FOUR to a bathroom. Makes it much less isolated. Unless the numbers whittle down significantly, it's going to be very difficult to hide a body or evidence without someone noticing.
- Oh of course. The return of the silver footie pajamas. Must be part of the "Airlocked" brand name. Blech.
- Good to see they're having meetings...hopefully they keep those up. They're important.
- No death on the first Friday. Kip showed up to show off his "goods" instead. Blech. Not surprised they marketed the heck out of that espresso bar, though. I hate EP but I can't say their methods for merchandising aren't sound for business.
- This sleepover thing is going to be 100x happier than what ours was. Which I'm a little glad for. They don't need to have exhausted post-mortal-peril parties. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Though it was kind of fun to lay on Jamie. :B
- Kip claims that Jamie and Bolton were actors. Either he's bluffing to keep up the facade or he really has no idea. Even if he didn't know, it doesn't excuse his taste in coffee OR not knowing Bolton's name. And if he knows, he's laying it on especially thick. It really does make me want to punch him right in the face.
- They're giving out those weird little gifts again. The Bearies are back - InterGal7 must have a contract going with them. Again, anything remotely weaponlike is nerfed to plastic. I also see that Christine Junior rides again; must get a lot of mileage out of those silly tiny cars. And...underwear? Eugh. Also WHY IS THERE A FRIED SPIDER WHAT IT'S SO BIG???????????????
- And so far C.E.C.E. is the only AI in the entire whatever-verse to not actually be evil because WE'RE ON OUR SECOND WEEK AND PAL HAS TAKEN OVER!!!! Incentive issued - the reissue of powers, most likely to their full capacity, should anyon succeed. Kip and Cece specifically stated to not have significant talents to make them into Champions, couldn't contact the network - probably because no murder had happened. This might be a joint lesson for them too? Kip and PAL implied to have a past, perhaps? There is a guest house on the grounds. All the windows have been sealed - as if anybody had a way out into space even if they got out. Oh God. Please don't give in...please make it through...[code source for comments is HERE]